The "open" command:
Open a new connection to the repository name REPOSITORY. A checkout for the repository is created with its root at the current working directory, or in DIR if the "--workdir DIR" is used. If VERSION is specified then that version is checked out. Otherwise the most recent check-in on the main branch (usually "trunk") is used.
REPOSITORY can be the filename for a repository that already exists on the local machine or it can be a URI for a remote repository. If REPOSITORY is a URI in one of the formats recognized by the clone command, then remote repo is first cloned, then the clone is opened. The clone will be stored in the current directory, or in DIR if the "--repodir DIR" option is used. The name of the clone will be taken from the last term of the URI. For "http:" and "https:" URIs, you can append an extra term to the end of the URI to get any repository name you like. For example:
fossil open https://fossil-scm.org/home/new-name
The base URI for cloning is "https://fossil-scm.org/home". The extra "new-name" term means that the cloned repository will be called "new-name.fossil".
- Initialize checkout as being empty, but still connected with the local repository. If you commit this checkout, it will become a new "initial" commit in the repository.
- Continue with the open even if the working directory is not empty.
- Force opening a repository with missing content
- Only modify the manifest file(s)
- Allow opening a repository inside an opened checkout
- Do not auto-sync the repository prior to opening even if the autosync setting is on.
- --repodir DIR
- If REPOSITORY is a URI that will be cloned, store the clone in DIR rather than in "."
- Set timestamps of all files to match their SCM-side times (the timestamp of the last checkin which modified them).
- Auto-sync prior to opening even if the autosync setting is off.
- If passed a URI then this flag is passed on to the clone operation, otherwise it has no effect.
- --workdir DIR
- Use DIR as the working directory instead of ".". The DIR directory is created if it does not exist.